May is here and we have another seasonal recipe! This quick and easy veggie frittata is packed with flavour and contains peas and spinach , currently in season!
This meal will provide you with a great source of protein, healthy fats and 4 different vegetables. A winner!
Frittatas are such a convenient meal perfect for breakfast or lunch and can be made with whatever ingredients you have stocked up. Try serving with a side salad or boiled new potatoes.
- 6 eggs
- 1 onion
- 2 Handfuls of baby tomatoes
- 160g frozen peas
- 4 handfuls of spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 -2 tsp parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat grill to 200 degrees centigrade
- Simmer the peas in boiling water for 2-3 minutes
- Finely slice the onion and half the tomatoes
- Gently fry the onion in olive oil on a medium heat for 5 minutes
- Whisk the eggs together with some salt and pepper
- Add the tomatoes, peas, parsley, chilli flakes and spinach to the eggs and mix
- Add the egg mix to the pan with the onion and cook for 2 minutes
- Transfer to the grill to finish for 2-4 minutes until the top is cooked
EMPOWERING YOU TO EMBRACE A HEALTHY WAY OF LIVING THROUGH FOOD AND LIFESTYLE