This simple salad is perfect for a picnic, barbecue, quick lunch or easy evening meal. Packed with protein, carbohydrates and nutrients, you have to give it go.
Chose your favorite vegetables or even add extra protein with chicken, tofu or chickpeas.
Makes 1 serving
- 1 egg
- 4-5 new potatoes
- 70g asparagus
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1tbsp capers
- Small handful of chopped chives
- 2 handfuls of green salad leaves
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
For the dressing:
- 1/2 tbsp mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 a garlic clove, crushed
- Wash the potatoes and slice.
- Add to a pan of boiling water with a pinch of salt and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until cooked.
- Bring another pan of water the boil, add the egg and simmer for 6-8 minutes – depending how you like your egg. Place in cold water and peel.
- Cook asparagus according to preference – roast in the oven for 10 minutes, fry or boil.
- Whisk all ingredients together for the dressing. Drain the potatoes then return to the pan, add in the remaining ingredients, dressing and mix to combine.
- Place in a serving bowl and top with the egg, parmesan if using and season to taste.
EMPOWERING YOU TO EMBRACE A HEALTHY WAY OF LIVING THROUGH FOOD AND LIFESTYLE