September is here which means autumnal spices and warming bowls are back! I’m getting in the cosy spirit with this easy bowl of apple and pear spiced oats.
Apples are also in season this month (September) and add a great crunch to the dish. This porridge bowl will warm you up and keep you full or morning. Try adding almonds for even more crunch!
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 pear, chopped
- 1 tsp honey
- 45g oats 250ml milk of choice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Handful of almonds
- Combine around three quarters of the pear and apple with the honey in a saucepan over a medium – low heat
- Cook for around 3 minutes, add a dash of water and reduce the heat to low
- Add the cinnamon and ginger, give it a mix and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the fruit is beginning to soften
- Meanwhile cook oats according to packet instructions as desired – either in a saucepan or in the microwave
- Stir the pear and apple compote through the oats, top with the remaining fruit, almonds and extra cinnamon and honey
- Dig in and enjoy!