A delicious fish curry which is ready to eat in 30 minutes with minimal prep.
This month’s seasonal recipe contains cauliflower and cod, both in season.
Make it your own by adding leftover vegetables or add chickpeas or beans for extra protein. Serve with chopped parsley, lime wedges and naan, rice or quinoa (or whatever you fancy really!).
Makes 4 servings
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 thumb size of fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 x 400g tin coconut milk
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- ¼ can of water
- Juice of 1 lime
- 250g cod
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat around 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat, add the onion, garlic, ginger, and chilli and cook for 5 minutes
- Add the spices, salt and pepper and continue to cook for 3 minutes, stirring to coat the onion
- Add the tomatoes, coconut milk, water and lime juice and bring to the boil
- Add the cauliflower, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes
- Cut the cod into cubes and add to the pan, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes
- Season to taste and enjoy!