Textures are a big part of food preference and experience! If you’re a fan of crunchy, crispy textures, then this ones for you. Easy to prepare, great to be made in batch and packed with flavour.
Makes 2 servings
- 1 small/medium cauliflower
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 of a cucumber, sliced
- 20 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
- Break the cauliflower into florets then place on a baking tray. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, the cumin and turmeric and mix until coated.
- Place in the oven for around 30 minutes or until golden.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas then coat in the remaining olive oil and paprika and seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until crisp.
- Mix together the tahini and lemon juice with some salt and pepper.
- Assemble your salad starting with the rocket and chopped veggies. Add the cooked cauliflower and chickpeas then season and drizzle over the tahini dressing!