Looking for a salad packed with flavour and a variety of textures? I’ve got you! This tex mex inspired salad is great to prep in advance, packed with protein and super tasty too.
Remember salads don’t need to be dull and boring.
Makes 2 servings
- 1 x 400g tin black beans
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 20 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 80g feta cheese
- 160g cooked sweetcorn
- 2 large handfuls of green salad leaves
- 1 avocado
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 2-4 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp chives
- Handful of chopped coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Drain and rinse the black beans and cook according to packet instructions.
- Add the black beans, tomatoes, pepper, spring onion, cheese and sweetcorn to a large bowl. Mix until combined with the paprika and coriander
- Peel and de-stone the avocado and mash with the chilli flakes and lime
- Mix the sour cream with the chives
- Assemble your salad with the green leaves, black bean mix, guacamole and sour cream.
- Season to taste and enjoy!