A refreshing and tasty salad that’s easy to prepare and versatile! Perfect for lunch, prep in advance to have it on the go or make into a simple weeknight dinner. Add peas for even more greens or an extra source of protein such as chicken, fish, tofu, lentils or chickpeas.
Makes 1 serving
- 100g orzo
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 80g broccoli, broken into florets
- 25g olives, sliced
- 2-3 spring onions, sliced
- Finger size length of feta cheese
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Handful of basil, finely chopped
- Cook orzo according to packet instructions adding 1/2 a stock cube into the water
- Steam, boil or roast the broccoli
- Once the orzo is cooked, drain and rinse. Place back into the pan or large bowl then add in the spinach, cooked broccoli, olives and spring onions
- Give everything a good mix then add the lemon juice, basil, black pepper and feta cheese
- Mix again until combined and then dig in!