A fresh and tasty dinner idea using simple ingredients! Easy to make your own by adding your favourite veg or herbs, and make the beans in bulk to save time later. I’ve served mine with asparagus and sweet potato mash.
Makes 4 servings
- 4 sea bass fillets
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 100g cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 x tin butter beans
- 1 x tin haricot beans
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or you could use water)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add your sweet potato. Simmer and cover for 10-15 minutes or until soft.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes
- Add the tomatoes, pepper and vinegar/water cook for around 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Drain and rinse the beans then add to the pan with the herbs, and some salt and pepper
- Continue to cook for around 5 minutes, make sure to give it a good stir
- Heat another pan over a medium heat and add the remaining oil
- Add the sea bass, skin down, and cook until crisp. Squeeze over juice of half the lemon. * You can flip and cook the other side or leave skin down for a softer texture!
- Add the remaining lemon juice to the beans and stir through
- Drain and rinse the sweet potato then mash with a knob of butter and salt and pepper to taste
- Serve the fish over the beans alongside your sweet potato and favourite veg!