A delicious way to eat leeks, quick and simple to make too!
Potato hash with any vegetable seems to work really well as a quick and easy go to meal. This hash with leeks is particularly delicious and super versatile. You can add any spices you fancy and this is great as a brunch, lunch or dinner.
I served mine up with some veggie sausages and a fried egg. I would definitely recommend the egg as the runny yolk works so well with the leeks!
- 400g potatoes, sliced into cubes
- 2 medium leeks
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Salt and pepper
- Optional to serve:
- 2 eggs
- Vegetarian or regular sausages
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add a pinch of salt and the potatoes and cook for around 8 minutes until you are able to pierce with a fork. Drain well.
- Heat half of the oil in a large pan over a medium to high heat. Add the potatoes and cook, turning frequently, until crisp and golden.
- Move the potatoes to one side then add the remaining oil and leek to the pan.
- Cook gently on a medium heat for around 10 minutes then add the mustard, a dash of water, paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Give it all a good mix and cook for a further 5 – 10 minutes until the leeks are softened and cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook your sausages, if using, according to packet instructions.
- Add the potato to the leeks with the curry powder and stir to combine, cook for 2 minutes.
- Finish by cooking your egg in a frying pan with a little dash of oil.
- Season to taste and serve with egg and sausages or your chosen sides!
EMPOWERING YOU TO EMBRACE A HEALTHY WAY OF LIVING THROUGH FOOD AND LIFESTYLE